1. Better to do well than to say well. 說得好不如做得好.
2. Custom reconciles us to everything. 習慣則不怨。
3. A black plum is as sweet as a white. 黑梅白梅一樣甜。
4. He that gains time gains all things. 贏得時間就贏得了一切.
5. Humility is the beginning of wisdom. 智慧源於謙遜.
6. Conceit is the quicksand of success. 自負是成功的流沙。
7. Beware of the fury of a patient man. 要小心脾氣好的人發火。
8. Birth is much, but breeding is more. 教養重於出身。
9. What is a workman without his tools? 巧婦難為無米之炊。
10. Knock, and the door shall be opened. 只要敲門，就會有人來開。
11. By doing nothing we learn to do ill. 遊手好閒是萬惡之源.
12. It is ill jesting with edged tools. 手持利器，不可打鬧。
13. Glasses and lasses are brittle ware. 玻璃易碎，姑娘易毀。
14. From words to deeds is a good space. 從言到行,相距甚遠.
15. Couch hard arguments in soft words. 理要硬而話要軟。
16. A birbe will enter without knocking. 賄賂毋須敲門而入。
17. A bow long bent at last waxeth weak. 良弓張久必馳.
18. A friend in need is a friend indeed. 患難見真情.
19. Those who are very afraid of danger, his every day life in danger.那些非常害怕危險的人，他每天都會生活在危險之中
20. A faint heart never won a fair lady. 懦夫難得美人心.
21. Command your man and do it yourself. 要求部下做到,自己也要做到.
22. If you swear you will catch no fish. 咒罵解決不了問題。
23. In every beginning think of the end. 凡事一開始就要想到結果.
24. Misfortunes tell us what fortune is. 不經災難不知福.
25. Kind hearts are more than coronets. 好心勝過高帽子.
26. Kindness cannot be bought for gear. 錢財買不到好意.
27. Haste and wisdom are things far odd. 輕率與智慧相距遙遠。
28. Medicines are not meant to live on. 藥物可治病，不能當飯吃。
29. Labour is light where love doth pay. 以愛情作報酬,勞苦也輕鬆.
30. By his claw, you may know the lion. 要知獅子看腳爪。
31. Deliberate slowly, execute promptly. 思謀要慢,行動要快.
32. Diligence is the mother of success. 勤勉是成功之母.
33. Can man be free if woman is a slave? 婦女當牛做馬,男子焉能自由?
34. A cracked bell can never sound well. 破鍾無好音。
35. Ignorance of the law excuses no man. 不知法不能使任何人免罪.
36. It is no use crying over spilt milk. 牛奶已潑，哭也無用。
37. ur best thought comes form others. 我們最好的思想來源於他人.
38. Faults are thick where love is thin. 一朝情義淡,樣樣不順眼.
39. Gossiping and lying go hand in hand. 流言蜚語和謊言總是連一起。
40. Every one is witty for his own goal. 為達到自己的目標，人人都很聰明。
41. Good is good, but better carries it. 精益求精,善益求善.
42. Love asks faith, and faith firmness. 愛情要求信任,信任要求堅定.
43. Don't put the cart before the horse. 不要把車套在馬前頭. /不要本末倒置.
44. Envy may dissatisfy us with our lot. 嫉妒可使我們對自己的命運不滿意。
45. Wisdom is more precious than wealth. 智慧比財富更寶貴.
46. Without respect, love cannot go far. 沒有尊重的愛難以久存.
47. It takes all sorts to make a world. 世界是由各式各樣的人組成的. /世界之大,什么樣的人都有.
48. Make yourself necessary to someone. 使自己成為別人需要的人.
49. Home is home,be it never so homely. 金窩銀窩,不如自家的草窩.
50. Hide not your light under a bushel. 不要把你的燭光藏在笆斗下。/ 勿過分謙虛，隱藏才能。
51. We all have the ability to tolerate others unhappy我們都具備忍受別人不幸的能力
52. First catch your hare,than cook him. 先得兔而後烹之. /到手東西才算數.
53. A friend to all is a friend to none. 對一切人都是朋友,對哪一個也不是朋友.
54. Tragedy of life lies not in how much have you got, but what you miss many good things生活中的悲劇不在於你受過多少苦，而在於你錯過了多少美好的東西
55. You can take any of my things, but can not take away, this is my freedom你可以拿走我的任何東西，唯獨一樣不可以拿走，這就是我的自由